Why are college tours important? Colleges are becoming more interested in Informed Interest and Demonstrated Interest.
- Informed Interest: How well a student knows a college and how he or she plans to contribute to the campus environment.
- Show informed interest through compelling supplemental essays and interviews. Review your research over the summer that went into building your college list and get a head start on your essays.
- Demonstrated Interest: A college’s gauge of how likely a student is to attend based on visits, interviews, essays, etc.
- Filling out an information card at a college fair, making an official campus visit through the admissions office, applying Early Action, and more are playing a bigger role in determining how likely you are to attend their school.
In this episode, we cover the following questions:
- When should I go on college tours?
- What should I do when I go on a college tour?
- What should I do before I go on a college tour?
- What should I do after?
- How do I prep for college tours?
- …and MORE!
iTunes: CLICK HERE
Podomatic: CLICK HERE